Archive for September, 2011
One day course for engaged couples
- Sharing your dreams & values- where you agree & areas where you differ
- Find out how you can work at being better friends
- The key to better communication
- How to handle conflict well & protect your marriage from future storms
- How to strengthen & protect your commitment to each other
More than 11 million people in Ethiopia, Kenya, & Somalia are suffering as a result of drought, failed harvests & high staple food prices.
Partners working with local churces are in engaged in longterm projects eg:-
- introducing drought resistant seed varieties
- building small scale resevoirs
- helping communities form self-help groups to start small businesses
- lobbying G20 leaders to tackle global food prices
JAKARTA, INDONESIA (BosNewsLife)– A suicide bomber has attacked a Protestant church in Indonesia’s Central Java province which has close ties with one of America’s largest congregations, its pastor revealed Sunday, September 25.
Pastor Rick Warren of the 20.000-strong Saddleback Church in Southern California confirmed the attack, in which the bomber died and over 20 others were injured.
A couple in California have been fined after holding Bible studies twice a week in their spacious home in Southern California
Richard returned home after having to flee his home when it was attacked by Ugandan rebels in 2003. after losing almost everything he had,Richard was in despair and had turned to drink.
But everything changed when he heard a church message describing Jesus as the cornerstone. what he heard spoke directly to his heart, and he was compelled as he says “to make my life straight”
When Richard gave his life To Jesus Christ his life totally changed. the way he spoke & behaved especiallly toward his wife.
Source Tear Fund Sept 2011