Firstly can I say thank you for the money you have given me towards my trip. It was perfect timing as the night after you had the church meeting my car got stolen so it was very good to have some encouragement!
I was also excited to see how interested everyone was in the work going on in Haiti. As you may have noticed before Christmas, I didn’t know too much about what I was getting into so a lot of what you were hearing from Martin and Carwyn was the first time I was hearing it too. It’s strange not being at Agape very much yet getting so much support from you – a perfect example of family and community! Thank you so much! It was great to see everyone getting behind it and I can’t wait to bore you with little stories and hopefully some photos!! (Bring some popcorn as it could be a long night!)
It’s less than a week before I go and I’m so excited!! I still have so much to do (like pack. get insurance, borrow a suitcase, buy a mosquito net etc – help! I didn’t realise I had that much left to do!)
Just to put some prayer points down for you to keep in kind and occasionally utter to the Big Man:
- I couldn’t get a Hep B injection so prayers of protection for that (as well as general health things) would be immense)
- Flight arrangements and flight safety
- Haiti is a dangerous place (kidnappings and the like) so please pray for personal safety
- I’m leaving my Manchester house relatively empty while I’m away so protection for that and for me not to worry about it!! (Also my washing machine and toilet have started leaking…little things like that!)
- I’d really like a suntan please!
And for the not so self-centred prayer requests:
- Prayer for Mum, Dad, Hannah etc who may be a little worried… ok, so just mum then!
- That lots of work on the hospital gets done
- That we see God do lots of amazing stuff
Well, I’m off to do all the stuff I have to do so that I won’t be panicked and can just be excited!
Love to you all,
p.s. I have a new mobile number and a home number (like a real adult) Hannah or Mum/Dad should be able to pass them on. It will cost a lot to text while I’m away but before the 4th and from the 18th I’d love to hear from you!